About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Thursday, March 17, 2011

To my photographer friends

I've gotten into a situation to which I need some advice.


What do you do when someone takes watermarked proof photos and crops out your watermark and edits your photos after you have asked them to please not to?

I am not the type of person that really gets mad at people for "forgetting" to give me credit for taking the photos. But purposefully cropping out a watermark that says PROOF © Awkward Eye Photography that takes up half the photo then editing it..... I just don't get it.

 Should I just let it go? I haven't even finished editing the final photos yet, now I don't know if I even want to. :/ I hate being in funky situations but I would appreciate advice on how to go about things in the kindest way possible.

Thanks Guys!

2 comments:

Talia Christine said...

Hire a sniper? That's what I would do.

Wait no... that's bad advice. Also, I'm not a photographer friend, just a friend.

xo

April E. :) said...

Courtney, so glad you found my blog, I am lovin' the journey around your blog today!!
In reference to your question, I too have had some issue with this in the past and sad to say I have had to write it into my "mini" agreement. You see for my photog business I have my major agreements (for weddings, parties, etc) and my mini agreements (for everyday shoots). I have it noted in my agreement that it is not acceptable to do this to my watermarked photos. I have a clause that if the final product has not been delivered (prints, digital images, etc) they will be put on hold until the picture has been corrected, removed or proper credit has been given. After the face though I really have no option that holds water. I mean, I could charge per photo that is cropped and used, but I really have no authority to have them pay it unless I take them to court. So...*sigh* with that all said...hope it helps. Otherwise we just have to grin and bear the terds that do this to us! :/
*sorry for all my words...I am wordy. It's a fault. :)