About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Courtney's Caramel Latte

I LOVE Caramel Lattes. But I can't always afford to go to Starbucks to get one. So, I came up with a recipe so I can enjoy one at home every morning.

Start by brewing some very strong coffee. Or if you have an espresso make you can brew a single or double shot.  I used 4 "cups" on my coffee maker with 6 rounded tablespoons of coffee grinds.

 While the coffee is brewing, get a 3/4 cup of milk, pour into a microwave safe cup and heat for about 1 minute and 30 seconds. So it's nice and hot but not boiling. Pour into blender and whip for 2 minutes. (I don't have a steamer or frother so this is the way I do my milk to compensate for that)

In a larger coffee mug pour 1/4 cup of carmel syrup. I use DaVinci Gourmet Brand. Then pour in your milk. Then add 3/4 cup of coffee. Top it with some Smuckers Carmel Syrup.(or not) 

Enjoy.

No comments: