About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Daze: Scalloped Felt Tree Shirt



Tree skirts can be sooooo expensive to buy at the store. Here is a great way to make your very own custom tree skirt for a fraction of the cost. Again I love Martha Stewart's website. She has so many great ideas.

Conceal a Christmas tree stand with a lovely scalloped tree skirt. The skirt is made of felt, which won't fray, and has one open seam.


Tree Skirt How-To Print template; cut out. (Our skirt fits standard tree stands, but you can adjust the size if necessary.) Piece together printouts, and trace template 16 times onto a 36-by-36-inch piece of felt; cut out.
Place 2 pieces of felt next to each other so the right edge of 1 abuts the left edge of the other. Starting at rounded ends, sew edges together using a zigzag stitch. Repeat until you have 8 pairs.
Sew 1 pair to another using the same method, but stop 1 1/2 inches from pointed tips. Continue adding pairs, leaving first and last pairs unattached.

Read more at Marthastewart.com: Scalloped Felt Tree Skirt - Martha Stewart Crafts

1 comment:

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

that is so cute. I have a hand-me-down from my mom that I just love, but otherwise I would defintely make this! It makes the tree look so pretty.

p.s. If you are interested I have a giveaway going on at my blog right now.
amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Amylou <3