About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Saturday, May 14, 2011

{Project Restyle}



It's always fun to find old things and repurpose them to make them feel new. Inspired by Elsie of A Beautiful Mess, I have been trying to go green, in a sense, by doing just that. So here is my latest "Project Restyle"

I found this spice rack while thrifting for $2. It was in pretty bad shape, but I was super pumped about all the glass bottles that it came with. First I took it all apart and cleaned it up. Then sprayed it with a nice fresh coat of white paint. I nailed it all back together also using carpenter's adhesive to hold the joints better, since the nails just slipped right out.

I cleaned up the bottles then filled them with fresh herbs from my Dad's garden. There's basil, thyme, rosemary, mint, oregano, sage, and parsley. Yum! Added a few flowers for that special touch and VOIOLA! Brand new pretty thing I can hang in my kitchen above my sink. I love how a fresh coat of paint can do that ")

1 comment:

morgandkim said...

nice work. this is awesome. glad if found your blog.