About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lunch Time

Some days I just can't find anything that I want to eat, or I can't find anything to make so I end p throwing whatever I can find together and hope that it comes out good. Well, I've been a food shortage lately so I've been a little experimental. Yesterday I found some frozen spinach and a can of artichoke hearts, and thought "I'll make some sort of stuffed chicken" So I proceeded to find what else I cold throw in the mix. I thawed and squeezed the spinach and mixed in about 3 or for small cloves of minced garlic, about a cup of shredded Monterrey jack cheese and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. With the artichoke hearts I cut off the meaty part diced it and mixed it in with the spinach mix. With the leafy part of the hearts I chopped them and drained them on some paper towels. Then I mixed the chopped and dried artichokes with about a half cup of mayo and a half cup of sour cream 3 small cloves of minced garlic salt and pepper. So then I took my chicken breast cut a pocket into it and stuffed it with the spinach mixture. The I coated it with the artichoke mixture and then rolled it in Italian bread crumbs. Bake it in a 375 degree oven for about 35 minutes. It was delicious.


I ended up having some of both the spinach and artichoke mixtures left over so today I was at it agian. I thawed out some more chicken to start (cause I figured I can always throw chicken in whatever I make) Then put my creative cooking brain to work. I had some cheese raviolis in the freezer so I thought why not make some sort of sauce. I started with a basic white sauce(butter, flour and milk) Added about 3/4 cup of Monterrey jack cheese, some salt, pepper, little garlic powder and about a 1/4 cup of mild cheedar cheese. Then I thought what the heck am I going to do with the rest of the stuff from yesterday. DUH! I added the leftover mixtures from yesterday to the sauce and more milk. Turn out to be a creamy cheesy spinach artichoke sauce. Not Bad. I poured that over the ravioli and the sliced up the chicken seasoned it with salt pepper and lemon pepper. Browned it in a pan and threw that on top on the whole dish. It was surprisingly divine!

No comments: