About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Monday, April 19, 2010

Cupcake Goodness...

So I've never been much for baking sweets from scratch, but I've decided to try my hand at it. Mostly because I've had a really bad sweet tooth.
So I did a little research on cupcake recipes and just kinda threw my own recipe together with whatever stuff I had in the pantry.

Slightly Tropical Virgin PiƱa Colada Cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup Butter, softened
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cups Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4  teaspoon Salt
  • 3/4 cup Sour Cream
  • 1/2 cup Cream of Coconut
  • 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line cupcake pan with paper or foil liners.
  2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla
  3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  4. In another separate bowl whisk together sour cream, cream of coconut, and pineapple juice.
  5. On low speed, add dry ingredients a half cup at a time to creamed butter, alternating with a half cup of sour cream mixture. Blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
  6. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 22 to 26 minutes. Cool completely before icing.

For Next Time:

Next time I make these I will probably get some coconut flakes and sub crushed pineapples for the pineapple juice.  And they weren't as sweet as I would like so I'll probably add more sugar. Plus maybe add some coconut extract, cause they "tropical flavor" I was going for isn't there at all. The moistness wasn't a problem, they are very moist. But they are a little dense for my likely so I will do some research to find out what to do to help with the denseness for next time. 
As for the icing, I couldn't give you the recipe if I wanted to cause I just threw some stuff together and added things here and there to get the flavor I wanted. But next time I make these I want to come up with some sort of pineapple frosting. When I do I'll get the recipe down and post it.

2 comments:

Talia Christine said...

Yum! These look great!!

We need to hang out soon and have some cupcakes and tea or something :)

Courtney said...

We should hang out soon! Before I pop!