About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Monday, October 25, 2010

A whipped together dinner

My To-Do List

  • Call the doctor and make an appointment for Josiah
  • Call WIC and set up an class time
  • Call about the rental house in my parents neighbor hood
  • Finish Halloween costumes
  • Change the sheets
  • Clean the house
  • Make dinner

Today has been a totally crazy day. Or at least it feels that way. My house was a mess, my kids needed me to hold and play with them all day. We laid down for a nap at 1:30 which is usually an hour maybe hour and a half if I'm lucky, we didn't wake up until 5:30!!  I'm grateful for my nap don't get me wrong but I didn't get anything done that I wanted to do only got 2 things done that I wanted to do. Well there is always tomorrow. I just REALLY need to get these costumes finished! I'm such a slacker. "P

 My dinner I made though is a first for me to make. I didn't feel like have the "standard" dinners that I usually make so I looked though my fridge and pantry and came up with what I shall now call, Southern Sausage Slop. Here's the quick and easy recipe.

Southern Sausage Slop

Ingredients:

  • 1 onion
  • 2 large potoatoes
  • I package of Kiolbassa Beef smoked Sauage about 1lb (or your favorite sausage)
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
  • 2 Tbsp Olive oil
  • salt and pepper, garlic powder (to taste)


Directions:

  1. Wash potatoes. Cube potatoes, onion, and sausage
  2. Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat, add potatoes cook until almost done.
  3. Add onions and sausage. Cook until onions are translucent.
  4. Add tomato sauce, corn, and seasonings. Continue to cook until everything is hot.


I served it with corn beard. This meal was some serious comfort food and so yummy.

 Now I'm going to go finish watching Diary of a Mad Black Woman, which is the first time I've ever seen it. So far I'm super hooked, I LOVE Tyler Perry movies!

No comments: