About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh Josiah



Josiah is getting into this I don't care kind of attitude and I'm a bit unsure how to handle things. I told him "If you don't pick up these toy off the floor I'm going to throw them all away" Fine, he says, throw them away. So I got I huge black trash bag and loaded up all the toys that were left out on the floor, in the process of me doing this, he is sitting his bed watching me. Totally NOT caring. So I throw one last chance at him, "Please help me pick up your toys" "Just throw them away" In frustration I respond with, "Fine I'm going to call Santa and tell him not to bring you toys anymore, cause you just want to throw them away instead of take care of them." Ok fine", he says as he gets down from his bed and walks out of the room. A minute or so later he comes back with my phone, "Call Santa, tell him I don't want any more toys" All I can do is sigh, and sit there staring at my phone. This kid is TOTALLY calling my bluff. I ended up making a "quick call to Santa" and then hauled his toys off to the garage, out of sight. It's been like 2 weeks now and he has only asked for them once.

He also has been getting a lot more brave and snappy with the way he's been speaking to me. I try my best to be stern when necessary, but my kids do NOT take me seriously at all. Sometimes is hard, but other times its just what we need to lighten the moment. Typically whats happens is, either I'm yelling at them and they just laugh or they are yelling at me and I just laugh. Either way they tend to cute their way out of things even when they aren't trying.


3 comments:

Amy @ onacraftyadventure said...

wow, not even Santa could change his mind. Crazy. Good on you for following through though. What does he do now there are no toys?

Courtney said...

well, fortunately for him not ALL his toys were on the floor at the time, just the ones he played with the most. For now he is content with just playing with what he has, and spends more time playing with his sister. I kinda like it, not as much to pick up at the end of the day. But it's sad cause he has a ton of toys that people have bought him and i would feel awful getting rid of that many toys that cost so much money. Eventually they will all come back out.

Christopher Brent said...

Our son is A crazy little reble.. I look forward to what else he we pull out of his sleeve !!