About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I am so spoiled!

Why is it that my husband just loves to spoil me!! We went out pawn shopping with no intentions of buy anything. It is just something I really like to do, so he entertains me by driving us around. WELL, I've been wanting to start a camera collection, old/used/working/non-working/vintage/or just plain cool.  I never got around to really buying anything yet. But I can now say my collection has officially started!!!

Say hello to my new(old) camera!!
I love it! I can't wait to use up my first roll and get it developed. This camera was released in 1980. The Pentax MV1 is an aperture priority automatic camera, with an electronic focal plane shutter from 1s to 1/1000, synchronized at 1/100. The shutter curtains are metal and have a vertical movement. There is no shutter dial, and the camera cannot be used in manual mode, except for B and 1/100 exposures. The exposure meter is of the standard TTL open aperture center weighted type. It is activated by a slight pressure on the release button. The Pentax MV1 has a 0.85× viewfinder, covering 92% of the field. The finder screen is fixed, with a split image image and a microprism ring in the center. Neither the shutter speed nor the aperture is displayed in the finder.


Not only did I get the camera but I got some accessories as well, a flash, case, strap, and a second lens. All for under $50 ")






I love film, there is nothing like it. As soon as I get the roll finished off and developed, I'll post the photos!

1 comment:

paislea said...

you lucky duck! you really ARE spoiled! that's so much fun! i love it!

allisterbee.blogspot.com