About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love alone is not enough

"You may remember how the Beatles sang, "All you need is love." I absolutely disagree with that conclusion. Five out of ten marriages today are ending to divorce because love alone is not enough. Yes, love is vital, especially for the wife, but what we have missed is the husband's need for respect. THis book is about how a wife can fulfill her need to be loved by giving her husband what he needs- respect."

-Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

This is the beginning of the introduction of the book Love & Respect. My Dad bought it for Chris and I for our birthday last month. I picked it up for the first time today. Seems like its going to be a really good book. Maybe I'll find something that's missing.

Thanks Dad, maybe this will help us really figure things out.

1 comment:

Mrs. Marquez said...

My heart has wrenched over your recent post. My husband and I have had a ton of problems, quite serious in fact. Ever since I met you in the park I've kept up with you and your hobbies. Here is what has helped us, it talks about much of the same, but really goes in depth in scripture about WHY. Hope it helps you can buy the book used really cheap. Please let me know how your search for peace and unity goes, in your marriage. Much Love!!!
~Nikki

http://joelandkathy.com/home.htm