About Creations Recipes Tutorials Photos Contact

Monday, August 15, 2011

Writing...

I've always been a bit of a "writer" inspired by my sister at after my first "break up" She suggested that I start writing in a journal to help get my feelings out, or written down for that matter. 

When I was about 15 I started attempting to play guitar(following the footsteps of my father) and I always WISHED I could write my own songs. NOT a skill that I've ever had.

Then I met CHris and all of it kinda came together. He is terrible a getting ideas started and put together (as far as words go) But he has the guitar skills that I lack.

All that to say, we write music together. It's a bit of a battle being that we both a very strong in our ideas and butt heads quite a bit. But the end product is always well worth it, in my opinion. He puts up with my criticism and I try to be patient. Although he is never satisfied, being a perfectionist/musician. I still love what we write together. 

Further From Level Ground
My world's been flipped upside down
What once made sense sense has now been lost, and can't be found
My heart longs for something new
My mind only thinks of you

You have my heart, you have it all
Just one step and then I'll fall 
Further from level ground
When things make sense, the world goes 'round
My head is spinning, my heart is singing
All I want is you

Look into my eyes
You will see the truth
My love for you runs deep
Deep within my soul

Thats the start of what we wrote this evening, maybe we actually record it one day.

No comments: